Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's Spring

This has nothing to do with the post, but I finally finished packing/cleaning/moving all my stuff out of my dorm.  It took ALL DAY LONG.  Somehow my tiny dorm room fit 2.5 suitcases and 6 boxes worth of stuff, plus my skis, longboard, and cello.  Crazy.  Now I'm sitting in bare room surrounded by white cinder block.  It's depressing.

Ok I'm done.

Spring.  When it seems like winter will never end, spring is the light at the end of the tunnel.  Many things come to mind when I think of spring.  I think of warmer weather, fresh smelling air, and happiness. Oh, and rain.  April showers bring May flowers.  Of course this includes snow showers too.

I love the trees in the spring because instead of being covered with just leaves, they're covered in flowers.  Man that's some deep stuff.  I just hope you don't get confused with my brilliant thinking.

So I decided to walk around campus and take some pictures of the trees. 
I love this tree because the flowers are huge.  Yeah.  
I always thought these trees smelled like popcorn.  Today I realized they smell like corn tortillas. 
If you have talked to me in the last few days, chances are you've already had this conversation with me.  The conversation about these trees:
Pretty, yeah?
So white and innocent.   
I call this the Walk of Death.
These trees are everywhere.  They were in Ohio, and they're in Utah.  I CAN'T ESCAPE THEM.  If you are sitting there thinking, "Kristen is a freak.  I can't see anything wrong with the trees." then think again.  Of course  you can't "see" a problem, you have to smell it.

These white trees smell like sweaty underwear. 

Sweaty underwear is gross, but you can dispose of it quickly and throw it in the wash.  I can't dispose hundreds of trees.  In my neighborhood back in Ohio, these trees were everywhere.  When I went running I would try to hold my breath when I ran past them, but that didn't work out too well.  Turns out oxygen is an important component when running.  So I would breath through my mouth instead of my nose.  That didn't work either.  Tasting sweaty underwear is worse than smelling it.

Spring means other things too.

In high school spring means it's almost summer break.  At BYU, spring DOES mean summer break.  I'm done and going home tomorrow! 

I don't know how it is at other universities, but at BYU spring means a plethora of PDA.  All those freshman who were restricted to the Helaman Halls lobbies can now snuggle and kiss outside.  I thought that since we're a school filled with mormons, the students might be less willing to show their affection publicly.  Not so.  There is also a recurring theme that people start to date the last two weeks of the semester.  I guess they didn't like each other the whole semester till the last few days.  That, or they realize that the guy is leaving on his mission for two years.

I may be complaining about those of you with spring romances, but don't be offended.  I'm probably just jealous...

So, happy spring!  Enjoy those trees, just don't breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment