Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sometimes my life seems like a joke...

I've been noticing a theme in my life as of late.  It seems like everything I do, something goes wrong, or I do something stupid.  I could look at this negatively, but I prefer to look at my life comically. Basically my life seems like a big joke right now.

Let's start with Saturday's game.  It was the first home game of the season, and we were playing University of Utah.  The Holy War.  Like any other fan, I was hoping for a win, but we lost.  By a lot.
BEFORE the game.  Still happy and smiling.
I really don't want to go into more details about that game.  It was pretty embarrassing.

Ok, so the next day was Sunday.  I happen to have one of the few on-campus jobs that requires the employees to work Sundays, so I couldn't attend my usual ward.  The MTC holds a short sacrament meeting at 10:15 so I was planning on going to that instead of church.  I didn't set my alarm because I assumed my roommates would be getting ready for church before me.  We woke up at ten.  We seriously have a problem when it comes to waking up for church.  Turns out I wasn't the only one out of my roommates who missed church.  At least I had an excuse :p

I only have to work one Sunday a month, but that means we all have to work two shifts.  I biked to work and went back home after the first shift to eat some food.  I made a gourmet meal consisting of a boiled potato, peanut butter and banana sandwich, and half a cucumber.  Then I biked up the freakin hill for the second time that day to go to work.  When I arrived I found out that they provide us with a free meal on Sundays.  I wasn't bitter or anything...It's not like they'd have anything fancier than boiled potatoes.

Alright this next example is the best/worst, which is why I'm wary of sharing it with the public .  Oh well.  On Monday I went to my first work out with BYU's triathlon club.  I was pretty nervous because I had no idea how fast these people were and I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up.  Well, I was able to keep up just fine.  Actually, I was able to catch up also.  Confused yet?  Let me explain.  Do you know what an early morning run does to your digestive system?  If you don't, you're about to find out. 15 minutes into the run I started to get that feeling.  I really had to go to the bathroom.  But there weren't any bathrooms around, so I went in some poor soul's front yard bushes.  I used a plastic bag and leaf as toilet paper.  Gag.  Then I ran really fast and caught up with the pack. 

Sorry that was definitely way too much information, but it's just too funny and ridiculous to be left unsaid.  I've made it through six seasons of cross country and running on my own, but this was the first time I ever had to pop a squat in someone's yard.  Of course it had to be my first day working out with the triathlon club. 

Then this morning I woke up dark and early to go swimming.  We practice at 6am EVERY FREAKING MORNING.  I got halfway to the the pool and realized that I didn't have my student ID card, so I turned around to go get it.  I fumbled at the door and incorrectly entered the lock code twice before finally getting inside.  I grabbed my wallet and ran out.  Once I got to the locker room I handed my card to the girl at the front desk and she gave it back to me with a confused look.  I had handed her my laundry card.  My student ID wasn't in my wallet.  Effffff.  Luckily I remembered my student number, so I still was able to use the pool.  After I swam (or attempted) I put my clothes on and realized that my ID card was in my sweat shirt pocket. 

Why is my life so awesome?

1 comment: