Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Alarm Clock Fail

I've always been pretty responsible when it comes to waking up for school and church.  Though Seminary at 6am every morning nearly killed me, I still set my alarm every night and got up when I was supposed to.  It wasn't easy, so I came up with strategies to guarantee my chances of actually getting up.  First, I kept my alarm clock on the other side of the room so that I'd have to physically get out of my bed to turn it off.  I also gave myself the bare minimum amount of time to get ready; that way hitting the snooze button wasn't an option.
Just some pictures of my family tormenting me while I sleep.


Apparently the alarm clock gods are against me, because these past couple weeks I haven't been waking up on time.  All because I trust in my phone alarm too much.

This year my ward has church at 9am, so an alarm is absolutely necessary.  Two Sundays ago, both my roommate and I set our phone alarms for 8am.  Plenty of time to get ready.  We woke up at 8:20.  Both of our alarms didn't go off, and I'm still not really sure why.  We got ready, and walked to church with ten minutes to spare.  Beast.

The next Saturday night, Aubrey joked, "We better check to make sure our alarms are set."  I laughed in agreement and went to sleep.  I woke up the next morning at 8:15.  Both our alarms didn't go off.  AGAIN.  I had set my alarm correctly, but my sound was turned off.  I still don't know what was wrong with Aubrey's.

This Monday I did my laundry between class and work.  I was really tired so I decided to take a half hour nap and wake up at 3:45.  That way I could get my laundry out of the dryer, get ready, and leave for work at four.  I woke up at 4:15 when my roommates walked in.  I seriously can't describe how confused I was.  The whole thing was actually pretty comical because I was so out of it.

I'll try to recreate the scene, but I may be making some stuff up.  I still don't really know what was going on.

Kristen lay on her bed, deep in sleep.  Her roommates walk in.

Meghan: "You're still here?"
Kristen:  "Wait, what?"
Meghan:  "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"
Kristen:   "My alarm...what time do I work?"
Meghan:  "I don't know.  4:30?"

Kristen jumps out of bed and stares with a dazed expression at her phone.

Kristen:  "Why didn't my alarm go off?"
Aubrey: "Are you ok?"
Kristen:  "Wahh?"

Kristen fumbles around and drops her pants.

Kristen:  "Why am I so confused?"

Kristen stops what she's doing and looks around the room.

Meghan:  "Did you hit your head?"
Kristen:  "What?  Maybe.  I'm so confused."

Yeah, I'll spare you the rest.  Luckily, my roommates were thinking lucidly, so they suggested I call a friend to give me a ride to work.  Then I couldn't find my work polo, so I had to run to the laundry room to grab my other polo.  Hailey gave me a ride, and I showed up to work with a minute to spare.  That shift still feels like a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment