Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

SPAM

I ate Spam and eggs yesterday.  If I tell almost anyone that they will answer with either:

"Eww you eat that stuff?"
           -or-
"You know that's canned meat right?"
           -or-
"You're weird."

All I can reply is simply, yes I eat it, and I like it.  I hate it when people say they don't like Spam, but have never even tried it.  One of my top pet peeves in general.  YOU CAN'T DISLIKE SOMETHING WITHOUT TRYING IT. 

Then they try to explain themselves away by asking me if I know what Spam is made of.  Well according to wikipedia, it's made of chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative.  If you compare that to a hot dog, the ultimate mystery meat, Spam definitely wins.

So I'm sure you can understand my enthusiasm when I had two roommates from Hawaii.  They love Spam out there and eat tons of it.  Finally I wasn't the only person besides my family who ate Spam.  I never LOVED Spam, but then my roommates introduced me to Spam musubi. 

So. Freakin. Good.

Shout out to Tree who gave me a musubi press at the end of the year.  You can't get those things around here.
But seriously.  Thanks.

What is Spam musubi you ask?  Well, it's basically Spam, rice, furikake, wrapped in nori.  I've made it four or five times since I've been home.
Pressing the Spam and rice.
Finished product.  Beautiful.
I'm in love.
Spam, It's what's for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. i love spam times one thousand!!! i hope our new roommate likes the spam too. cause our apartment might smell like it alot.

    ReplyDelete