I used to keep a list of all the things I wanted to blog about because I could never keep up with all the ideas. I wanted to write about anything and everything. I even made a rule that I couldn't write more than two posts a week because it was embarrassing. Now--I've got nothin'. Probably because I eventually got a job and found friends.
Well, to try and get back in the groove, I kept a list of things I wanted to write about just like the old days. The problem? The ideas sucked and I didn't have anything to say about them. The solution? Post them anyway. Finished or unfinished. (They're all unfinished.)
So here's the first thing: Two Truths and a Lie
I started to make a list on my phone of really good things to say if I'm ever asked to give two truths and a lie in some party setting. I'm really bad at this game. Like really bad, so I thought it would be a good idea to get a head start and make a list while I'm not under any pressure or time constraints. This is what I came up with:
- I once thought I had a hernia, but instead of a bulging organ poking through an abdominal opening, I had poison ivy underneath my skin.
- When I was little I was flying home from Washington and all the flight attendants thought I was adorable so they kept giving my apple juice. Then I had a horrible case of diarrhea the whole way home.
- I was really small (and obviously adorable) when I was a child, so the doctors wanted to put me on steroids. I didn't go on steroids.
Good, right? Do you know which one is the lie? Probably not because they're so good.
Idea Two: Make a list of all the strange things I do daily.
- I count while I pee. I don't even think about it. I just count. What can I say, I'm really good with numbers. And peeing.
That's it. I'm perfectly normal besides that.
Idea Three: Write direct quotes from a girl's Sacrament Talk
So I go to church (yay me!) and I also don't really know anyone in my ward (yay Provo YSA wards!) so I typically don't know the speakers either. Well, this one girl gave an awesome talk yesterday and I started writing down quotes from her talk. Before you get all impressed that I take notes in Sacrament just know that none of it was spiritual. Just hilarious. And it went a little something like this:
- "What up brothers and sisters?"
- "Sometimes I get really overwhelmed with all of this. I can't be perfect; I like Tupac too much."
- "Jesus is in the Garden of Gethsemane and all he asks of his apostles is to stay awake with him. And what do they do? Homeboys fall asleep!"
- "I can't be a cool Provo girl--I don't have enough Instagram followers."
In other news, Thanksgiving was last weekend. It was great and I ate turkey. I did not do homework.